March 25, 2018 Tech Team Meeting
The Tech Team and Web Team will jointly meet on Sunday, March 25, 2018, from 1-3 PM, to discuss look and feel elements, such as font and color scheme, for Website 3.0.
Michael Smith (Tech Officer), Stephenie Fredrick, Marty Griffy, Aaron Levine, Brooke Hazard.
- Design elements for Website 3.0
We will consider the following sites, suggested by Brooke Hazard:
Stephanie Fredrick also suggests we consider:
Look and feel decisions
- Get a photo of Tilikum Crossing for first row "banner" image
- Reformat menu: scratch news, add subcategories to events: community action; Fairs and Parades; Celebrations; Meetings; Announcements. (Note: press releases to go on main page below immediate asks)
- Lora for headers, Verdana for all else, subject to further research by Brooke.
- Coloration to depend on logo - which we will try to keep narrow
Front page design
- Also: consider icons for triangle asks (nlp/money/platform)
- Mike will design a form for the volunteer ask
- Aaron will find icons for donate, platform, nlp/gotv
- Brooke will write/edit copy for donate, platform, nlp/gotv
- Brooke will ask web designer (Justin) for advice on fonts
- Mike and Marty will mess with image of Tilikum Crossing for volunteer ask row
- Marty and Mike will figure out what images are available for us to use that are royalty free or public domain
- Brooke will work with Justin to finish logo
- Mike and Aaron will develop possible background images for the site
- Stephenie will send Mike volunteer intake forms
The Web Meeting will meet again on Sunday, April 8th from 1-3 PM.