March 10, 2018 Credentials Tech Meeting
The Credentials Tech team met on March 10, 2018 from 1-2 PM at MCDHQ.
Michael Smith (TO), Leslie Davis (VC2), Cynthia Yolland (DL-HD44), Daniel Karnes, Courtney Shannon, George Yolland
- Review of testimonials by District Leaders
- (If we have time) Division of tasks between Google Sheets and VAN
The team reviewed testimonials by Dan Kaufman (HD41), Carolanne Fry (HD42), Cynthia Yolland (HD44), Janet Tackmann (HD49), and a special message from Lurelle Robbins.
- is a Google Sheets POWER USER. Even uses them on his phone!
- Updates Google sheets, presumes that we're updating information as well. (We're not - no defined procedure)
- Uses columns he's not supposed to use
- Training issue? Programmatic enforcement?
- Uses sheets primarily as a way to communicate with ADLs!
- Is able to share at-will, has been responsible with this.
- Uses them for tracking on campaigns. (Do we want this information to come back? Probably....)
- Uses them almost every day
- Wants more information on interests of PCPS
- This could get bogged down in columns quickly
- Possibly need another solution (airtable, VAN) to tackle this
- Pretty good about indicating changes, but inconsistent about HOW they indicate changes. Sometimes this is via email (not optimal). Is underestimating how well they indicate changes. Speaks to a lack of awareness of formal procedure. Chances are a quick email would resolve that.
- Copies data into another sheet. (Google Sheet)
- Copies for two reasons:
- Concerned about keeping data integrity for both MCP and District
- Needs more information, including NLP, that is not coming from MCD. Feels that this information is better stored in their own sheet, in order to avoid MCD overwriting and erasing.
- Frustrated with columns in outer space. (Lock columns?)
- Uses their own sheets to share data with PCs and ADLs
- Does use Google Sheets, does not use OUR Google Sheets, yet.
- "I do not have GS's pertinent to me." (She does. Training/communication issue, probably.)
- Please talk to DPO about how they use VAN.
- Courtney will get us info about AirTable (Google Group)
- Website, pricing, how to videos, etc.
- All of us will research Google Sheets skills and share via Google Group:
- Locking columns/rows
- Google Application Script
- Does this support scheduling? (Can we set up daily turnover?)
- All of us will research: Ditto all of the above for Google Data Studio and share via Google Group
- Mike will clean up this Wiki.
- Mike will share testimonial emails via Google Group. Done
- Mike and George will talk to DPO about how they use VAN.
- Mike will talk to John Knight about VAN and NLP.
The next meeting will be March 31, 2018 from 1-3 PM at MCDHQ.